Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day

We had a great Valentine’s day.  I woke up before Aaron and Andrew and made heart shaped cinnamon rolls, strawberries and strawberry milk.  I also made little goodie baskets to put by their plates.  When I was growing up my mom would do little goodies on the holidays and set it by our plate at breakfast.  It was such a fun memory that I want to start it with my family.
IMG_7330
IMG_7337IMG_7332IMG_7333
Andrew and I had PS I Love You that morning so we made heart shaped sugar cookies and decorated them to take.  Andrew loved making sugar cookies, we need to do them more often.
IMG_7327IMG_7328
The McLain family brought over heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphys for lunch.  We had a great time with them and that evening I made stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner.
I told Aaron we didn’t need to do gifts, but he surprised me anyway. He told me that evening he hid my present and I needed to go find it.  I was our bedroom talking to a friend and was laying on my pillow but it didn’t feel right.  I looked under my pillow and there was a box of Godiva chocolates.  I went downstairs and thanked Aaron for my gift.  He asked if I found the other gift too.  He went upstairs with me and I looked all over the bed.   I lifted up my pillow and didn’t see anything too unordinary.  Aaron laughed and said it was my pillow.  He bought me a king size pillow!  I am sure I would have noticed when I went to bed and rolled to his side of the bed and the pillow was still there.  Since we bought a king size bed, I always wondered what it would be like to have king size pillows rather then a big gap between Aaron and my pillow.  It is wonderful to have a big pillow!  The next morning I didn’t want to get out of bed.  I am not a morning person, whatsoever.  Aaron laughed and said maybe I shouldn’t have gotten you a gift that will keep you in bed and makes it harder for you to get up in the mornings.  He will learn someday, but for now I will enjoy it!  Of course since I told him lets not do presents, I didn’t get him anything.  I felt horrible but Aaron forgave me by making yummy food.
We had such a great Valentine’s day!  In the past Aaron and I would do something with just the two of us after Andrew went to bed, but I loved celebrating Valentine’s day together as a family.

No comments: