Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

I had such a great birthday this year!  Saturday we went bowling at Zeppos with my family. My mom reserved us a couple of lanes and we had a great time.  She made chocolate covered strawberries and strawberry cheesecake!  My favorite!  We ordered some food, bowled, opened presents and ate cake.  My mom bought me slippers so I can protect my toes while I clean the house. Kate and Tyler got me an apron, kitchen towels and a whisk that I wanted and Emily sewed me a cute table runner, all by herself.  She was so proud.  We all had so much fun and all commented on how we cant wait to do it again.

2012-02-25 13.02.06

2012-02-25 13.02.112012-02-25 13.02.372012-02-25 13.03.02

This is the first time Andrew has been bowling and he loved it!  There was a lot of kids there so the ramps were all being used.  I would put the ball on the floor and he would push it down the lane.

2012-02-25 13.17.252012-02-25 13.17.292012-02-25 13.31.36

Of course, being a boy, the ball retriever was the most interesting.  He would watch all the balls come up and then he would pick a ball out to bowl with.  He was very methodical with his decision.

2012-02-25 13.20.302012-02-25 13.36.232012-02-25 13.36.34

After a little bit, some families cleared out and we got a ramp.  Andrew loved using it all by himself and the balls definitely went faster down the lane.

2012-02-25 14.07.57

On my actual birthday I got spoiled by Aaron and Andrew.  They woke up and made me waffles with strawberries and whip cream.  Andrew and I went to PS and everyone wished me a happy birthday and gave me flowers and someone brought a cake.  On Saturday my mom told me my other present was a whole day to myself.  My mom and dad picked Andrew up from PS and Aaron and I went to Southfork (my favorite) for lunch.  On your birthday they bring out a hot brownie and ice cream with a candle on top.  So good!  You have to go there for your birthday just for the free dessert (and the fries aren’t too bad either).  Then I took Aaron back to work and headed to the mall.  It was so nice to try on clothes and look at things I wanted to look at without keep track of a 2 1/2 year old.  I bought me a couple things and then went grocery shopping and ran some errands.  That evening, Aaron made me tacos for dinner (my favorite) and made me a homemade red velvet cake.  He stayed up till after 11 making me this cake.  What an amazing man! 

When I was growing up I have always loved the show Full House.  I have found memories of getting off the school bus, running into the house since Full House started at 3:30, grabbing a snack and watching it before doing my homework.  I still love that show to this day.  Well Aaron bought me all the seasons of Full House for my birthday! We stayed up late on my birthday watching and laughing to that show.  We are now working through the seasons and it is fun to see how much Andrew loves watching them.

IMG_7352IMG_7353IMG_7354

What a great birthday!  Maybe 34 wont be so bad after all. I keep thinking, am I really growing up?!  I guess I did the career thing for 10 years and then got married and now have a child, so I am a grown up, but I still feel like I should be in my 20’s.  I think I will live by the thought-you are only as old as you feel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I used to love Full House too, I keep hoping they will put it up on Netflix but no such luck yet. Thanks for spending part of your birthday Saturday throwing me a baby shower :)