Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Aaron!

Wednesday Aaron turned the big 3-0!  All I can say is it is about time!  I am tired of feeling so old (there is only 3 years between us and yes I am the older one, hello Mrs. Robinson).  It seemed that every year I was getting a year older and Aaron would remind me that he wasn’t even 30 yet.  Well now he can’t say that. 

He got spoiled on his birthday this year.  He woke up to the smell of breakfast in the air and the dinning room decorated.  This doesn’t happen very often since I am not a morning person and there is a many a morning that he leaves for work and I am still in bed.  Heavenly Father knew this about me and sent us a son that is a great sleeper and sleeps in too.  So it was a special treat for Aaron to get a hot breakfast before he went to work. 

IMG_6392IMG_6391IMG_6377

For lunch Andrew and I picked Aaron up from work and took him to Cougar Country for lunch.  This is his favorite place to go to get the Super Basket.  He even treated himself to a chocolate malt to take back to work with him.

Aaron requested ribs for dinner.   I have never made ribs and didn’t even know where to start.  Good thing the meat man at Safeway saved the day.  They turned out quite tasty.  Aaron also requested bake potatoes, which I put in the oven for an extra yumminess and salad.  Yes, in case you are wondering, Blues Clues was on in the background while we were getting ready for dinner.  AJ is obsessed with Blues Clues and knows all the words and actions to the songs and yells “clue” at the TV when he sees a “clue.”  So much for the AAP’s recommendation of no screen time before the age of 2.

IMG_6381IMG_6382IMG_6383

Aaron loves pineapple upside down cake so I that is what I made him for his birthday cake, even from scratch.  If that’s not love, what is?!

IMG_6384

My brother’s birthday is today so he and Aaron often share in birthday celebrations.  The whole family has planned on going bowling tomorrow night and then a family dinner at my parents on Sunday.   The birthday fun keeps going in our family. 

Happy Birthday Aaron!  I love you!

1 comment:

Alissa Allen said...

Ok all that talk about yummy food has made me hungry:)