Friday, May 20, 2011

All I Want To Do Is Slide!

Andrew is obsessed with slides this year.  Last year he was terrified, but this year he loves to slide.  He likes to do it all by himself (for those who know him, he is a very independent boy.  “ do myself.”).  Whenever we go to the park, he runs right to the slides yelling “slide, slide.”

IMG_6400IMG_6401IMG_6402IMG_6403IMG_6404IMG_6405

Yesterday we met some friends at Sunnyside park to feed the ducks and play on the toys.  It was such a beautiful day and it was so nice to get outside.  We have been teaching Andrew that only ducks go in the pond and we stay on the grass.  Last time he was there he was chasing a duck and nearly ran right into the pond.  It amazes me how fearless Andrew is.

IMG_6399IMG_6396IMG_6397IMG_6398

Speaking of yelling, that is the stage Andrew is in right now. We are really trying to work on “we have an inside voice too and we need to use it.” We are trying to teach him the difference and when to use our inside voice verses outside voice. If anyone has any tips, it would be much appreciated.

3 comments:

Alissa Allen said...

I still can't believe the ducks were not interested in the bread. That was a first. Great pics:)

Kelli Dixon said...

We were at Sunnyside the other day and Kharisma was half-way up the giant twisty slide stairs before I could get to her, totally fearless. That slide is so tall it even makes me nervous! I think the ducks have been over fed, they weren't interested when we were there either.

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I'd love those pointers on the inside voice too. If you get anything good let me know!! I still am clueless.