Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Easter Decor

I made some new Easter decorations this week.  I love the way all of them turned out!

I made these brown burlap bunnies yesterday at PS I Love You.  They are so cute that I had to make a bunny family for our family; Dad, Mom and AJ bunny.  They are so easy to do.  You cut the bunnies out and hot glue the 2 sides together, then stuff them and glue a bottom on so they stand.  I think if I made more I would sew instead of glue. I may still sew around the edges of these ones. 

IMG_6043

I made this table runner.  It was so easy anyone can do it.  You cut strips of fabric varying sizes between 1 1/2 inches to 3 1/2 inches and sew together and then sew rick rack around the edge.  I have a deep love for Rick Rack.  I know, weird huh?! Then sew batting and a back fabric and you are done. 

Here are the instructions: http://www.make-it-do.com/sew-it/making-an-easter-table-runner/

IMG_6057

The rest of the décor (minus the washcloth bunnies, a gift from Aaron’s mom one year) are from the dollar store.  Who doesn’t love the dollar store?!  The vase, the eggs:on a stick, littler ones and plastic, tin bucket, bunny shaped candy holders (from last year), bowl and Easter grass.  Even the ribbon was from there too. 

We are so excited to take AJ to the Easter egg hunt this year. We are doing the one out in Albion that I did when I was a kid.  Watch for pictures from that!  They will be cute!

Happy Easter!

No comments: