Friday, April 15, 2011

But Mom, I can’t wait for dinner!

The other day, I was making dinner and Andrew was so hungry that he just couldn’t wait for dinner.  He pulled the stool out from the bathroom and climbed up onto the counter.  I told him dinner would be ready in 5 minutes (not that it means anything to an almost 20 month old).  I looked over and he had helped himself to anything and everything he could get his hands on.

He tried to open a banana but when that didn’t work, he pulled the cookie jar from out of the corner and ate the “I don’t know how old they were” crumbs of cookies.

IMG_5892

He then moved onto the next thing he could see.  I saw him scavenging around for more food so gave him bites of what I was cooking.  I was finishing the potato salad so he ate pieces of potatoes, hard boiled eggs and pickles.

IMG_5887

He then finished his plate and moved on. He found some left over cake and frosting on the cake plate from earlier and started eating the crumbs off of that.  You think we never feed this kid.  We do, so please don’t call CPS.

IMG_5885

IMG_5889IMG_5890IMG_5891

He crawled back to where he started and found some pretzels he left behind.

IMG_5893

He then said “cheese” for the camera and dinner was ready.

IMG_5894

No comments: