Saturday, August 1, 2009

No Baby Yet....

So after a week of 3 non-stress tests, 1 ultrasound, 1 biopysical ultrasound and 2 doctors appointments, all is well.

On Friday, I had a doctors appointment and my doctor was concerned with how much protein I had in my urine and the fact the baby has slowed down, so she decided to admit me for 24 hours to see how things go. She ordered another 24 hour urine and blood work and monitoring of baby. She said depending on how everything looked and if it looked worse, she would induce us Saturday afternoon. So I called Aaron and gave him the update and called my friend who was throwing me a baby shower the next day to reschedule.

After a few hours, my blood work looked good and the baby looked good and my blood pressures looked good. The doctor then gave us the option to stay or go home and take it easy. We opted to go home and come back the next day to turn in my 24 hour urine and do another non-stress test.

The non-stress test today showed the baby active and doing well. My blood pressures were up and down and my 24 hour urine test showed more protein, but not an alarming number where we would induce. So she sent us home with orders of more bed rest and 2 more non-stress tests this week and possibly another ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid level and an appointment with her on Wednesday. The doctor is worried how fast this can all happen and said this may buy us 3 or 4 days and then induce or do another 24 hour urine and blood work next weekend and may have to induce then. Everything is still up in the air. Part of me just wants to be done, but I know the longer he is in there the better off he will be. So we will keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

Beth said...

We're leaving town wedensday and won't be back for a week...please don't have him without us :0)

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

We're wishing you the best!! and our prayers are with you. I hope everything goes well for you all and that he stays in there long enough to grow as he should!!!

The Windy City Duo said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun right here at the end :) You are in our prayers.