Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Baby Update....

This week I have had a horrible headache everyday so far. On Monday, I just did not feel good so I went and had my blood pressure checked and it was 140/90, so the doctor said, "back to the hospital you go for more tests." So I had a non-stress tests, lab work to check my platelet count, liver function and kidney function and another 24 hour urine and then another non-stress test the next day. I am defiantly tired of going to hospital everyday. Everything is elevated, but nothing on the scary side. Part of me says lets just get this over with and induce me, but then I have to be realistic and remember the longer he is in there the better.

I had my weekly appointment with my doctor today and she said he is getting bigger, I am accumulating more fluid and my body is starting to get stressed. She stressed the importance of taking it easy and the longer he is in there the better. I am having contractions all the time and am still dilated to a one, so we are going to see if I can go naturally and if not she will induce me next week when I am 38 weeks. Since he is so big and I am so miserable, she doesn't want me to go past 38 weeks, but everyone agrees (and the pediatricians like it better) to not induce before 38 weeks. So that is the plan.

4 comments:

Christie said...

You poor thing!!! I wish I was there to hang out with you while you have to take it easy! I'm sending good thoughts your way... I hope everything goes well.

Kate Clayton said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. Please let me know if you need anything. I can't wait to meet this daring baby boy!

The Windy City Duo said...

Thanks for the update. Keep well rested and well hydrated (not that I need to tell the nurse this). We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Erin said...

I know how you feel!! I had to do NST's 2 times a week with both of my pregnancy's. It gets really old. I hope everthing is going well otherwise!! He'll be here before you know it!!