Monday, July 27, 2009

Baby Update

I had a follow up doctors appointment this morning. My non-stress test looked better on Saturday, but my blood pressure was still higher than normal. My 24 hour urine test showed I was starting to spill proteins and my blood work was slightly abnormal. So they sent me home and told me to take it easy.

My blood pressure today is still elevated and I still have swelling and my stomach size is getting bigger. I now have to do twice a week non-stress tests and an ultrasound on Friday. I am dilated to little over a one and am having more contractions. So I am now told to take it easy and not work or do anything but lay around the house with my feet up. I have a feeling I am going to get bored, so hopefully I can find things to keep me occupied.

So now we wait and see what the baby wants to do and how my body handles the rest of the pregnancy. The doctors are going to see if I go naturally in the next couple weeks or if they need to induce me.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Just give me a call if you want company, we're just down the hill!

The Windy City Duo said...

Sounds like you aren't having much fun here at the end. I wish I was closer so that I could be of some help to you. You are in our prayers. Hope all goes well and that you make it to the end without too much more discomfort or high blood pressure. So grateful that all looks okay with the baby.

Kate Clayton said...

Keep us posted. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know!