Friday, July 24, 2009

Baby News

So I thought I would update on the pregnancy.  Last week I had a Dr's appointment and the baby was measuring big and I had extra fluid accumulating around my lower abdomen.  So the doctor had me set up an appointment for an ultrasound.  I was excited to see how big the baby has gotten and yet nervous hoping everything was ok. 

I had the ultrasound this morning and the baby looks just fine, but he is measuring at 37 weeks and 3 days and is close to 6 pounds 14 ounces.  I have high amniotic fluid and that is where the extra fluid is coming from.  They sent me for a Non-stress Test and monitored the baby and my blood pressure for a couple hours.  The baby seemed to do good but my blood pressure was consistently around 140/90 which is not good.  It is not abnormal for me since I have been dealing with high blood pressure most of the pregnancy.  So they sent me home to do a 24 hour urine and come back tomorrow for another Non-stress Test and blood work for my high blood pressure. 

So my due date is August 28th, but my guess is he will either come in 3 weeks when he is 40 weeks and be a big baby or earlier if he is not doing well or my blood pressure is not doing well.  So now we wait and see.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Isn't the non-stress test fun? I had to do lots of those. At least they have the yummy juice and food though. That was nice. When do you head back in again? And congrats on your new house!