Thursday, January 19, 2012

4 Pieces of Candy

Andrew and I trudged through the snow for a desperate trip to WINCO.  Andrew is obsessed with the bulk bins, but what 2 year old wouldn’t be?!  So I let him pick out some candy from the cheap candy section by the deli.  I told him he could have whatever he wanted.  He looked at the whole selection, contemplating the “good” ones before deciding what he wanted.  He picked a green sucker, a rainbow sucker, a orange piece of hard candy and a smarties.  I told him he can have more then that, but he said “no, I’m good.”  I told him he had to wait till be paid to eat it and if he wasn’t listening, I would take his candy away.  That bag of 4 pieces of candy was like gold to him.  He listened the whole time and it was the easiest grocery shopping trip ever!  No running away or getting into things or having a melt down, he doesn’t stay in the cart anymore.  He was so proud carrying his bag around.  When we were done he put the bag on the belt and helped me bag groceries and ate his candy on the way home.  It was heaven!  Anyone who knows what shopping is like with a busy 2 year old, knows what I am talking about.

001

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I should try this, Kent isn't a fan of the cart anymore either. Great idea!