Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What a Zucchini!

My mom stopped by yesterday with a HUGE zucchini that my dad picked for us out of their garden.  I wish I would have taken a picture, but you know how big zucchinis can get.  That night Andrew and Aaron grated up the majority of it to make bread and muffins and freeze the rest.  When Aaron was little, it was his job to feed the zucchini in the grater on the Kitchen aid mixer while his mom cut it up.  Aaron figured Andrew was old enough to do this job, which Andrew loved.  Aaron would cut up the zucchini and Andrew would keep it feeding through.  He though the plunger pusher was the best.

DSC02099

DSC02101

DSC02103

DSC02102

DSC02100

Today Andrew and I made zucchini bread and muffins.  Andrew was so good at dumping in the ingredients, turning the mixer on and off and evening measuring out the spices.  I measured out the baking soda and he put it in the mixer.  I turned around to get more spices out of the cupboard and he measured out another teaspoon of baking soda and dumped it in.  He figured if mom can do it, so can I.  We have a good time cooking and baking in the kitchen. He is a good helper.

No comments: