Friday, September 16, 2011

Successful Rolls

My mom has been trying to teach me for years how to make her delicious rolls and Sunday I wanted them so I took another stab at making them.  Every time I make rolls they don’t rise or are just not good.  I cant even do Rhodes rolls.  So Sunday afternoon I tried again.  Each step I kept thinking, this looks right, this may turn out.  After I let them rise, they actually rose like they were suppose to…beautiful!  Then I put them on the pan and let them rise again and they actually rose again…shocking!  I did half rolls and half cinnamon rolls. 

Andrew did a good job helping me roll out the cinnamon rolls and sprinkling the cinnamon and sugar.  Aaron begged me to put in raisins.  I think raisins in cinnamon rolls are one sure way to ruin a cinnamon roll, but I love him, so I put them in.  I think Andrew ate more raisins then ones that ended in on the dough.

DSC01994DSC01995DSC01996DSC01998

The rolls after baking.  Yummy!

DSC02001

The cinnamon rolls after baking.  Delicious!

DSC02009 

Now that I have had a successful batch turn out, I think Aaron is going to expect this more often.  He has quite enjoyed having a cinnamon roll every morning for breakfast.

1 comment:

Alissa Allen said...

Thank you so much for the yummy cinnamon rolls!!! They were amazing. Now I need the recipe. Let me know when you want to pick up the next book.