Monday, January 3, 2011

Is 16 Months Too Young To Teach Modesty?

Andrew is now in the undressing phase. He likes to take off his coat, shirt, diaper and his socks. Oh, those socks. As soon as his shoes are off, he sits down and takes his socks off. He must like his toes free to wiggle. He hasn’t figured out how to take off his pants yet, but I am sure that will come any day now. Since we are in the winter months, we got him some footie jammies and he likes to unzip them and walk around like that. Maybe he is getting too warm and that is his way of telling us.

A few weeks ago, I changed his diaper and didn't put his pants back on. I told him "you can sleep in your shirt and diaper." I put him in his crib for a nap and shut his door. 30 minutes later he was still awake and playing in his bed instead of napping. I went to see what he was doing and he had taken his shirt and diaper off and was running around in his crib naked. There was also a very large wet spot in the corner where he peed. So I had to strip his whole bed and wash everything! He thought it was funny and proud of himself. What a boy! I wonder if we will go through this again one morning, when we go into his room in the morning and find a naked boy.

IMG_5580

IMG_5578IMG_5579

IMG_5576

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

What Star was that age in Washington she took her shirt off at an Elders quorums ward activity. Kids are crazy at the age.

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I wonder about Kherrington at time, if I should be more careful about where we dress her or change her diaper. She's pretty good to leave her clothes in place, but when should I start being more careful?