Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Long Awaited Kitchen Set

This year for Christmas I wanted to get Andrew a kitchen set. I saw a cute homemade one on a blog made from an Ikea nightstand.  I drew up the plans and Aaron and I built it together.  It was fun to work on a project together in the garage. 

Christmas eve we played Santa and set up the kitchen set by the tree.   In the morning Andrew crawled down the stairs and ran right to the kitchen set.  He has had so much fun playing with it.  Aunt Tiana and Uncle Cameron got him some play food and he has made quite the meals.  He has learned how to make pretend eating and drinking noises.  He says hot and blows on the food when it comes out of the oven.  So cute!

The kitchen set

IMG_5561

A closer view

IMG_5562

I made the kitchen towels and pot holders.  It even has a chalkboard.

IMG_5563IMG_5564

I made the salt and pepper shakers too.

IMG_5565 

Here is a video of Andrew finding his kitchen set Christmas morning…

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!  We certainly did.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow!! That is so cool! You guys are amazing!

Unknown said...

I love the kitchen!! It's way better than the Ikea one-which I always thought was way overpriced. Great job!