Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It has been too long…

So I am a little behind on blogging, so I will try to catch up what is going on in our lives.

Andrew is 9 months now. I still cannot believe he is that old. He is doing great. He can clap and wave and is starting to cruise around. He still loves standing and isn’t a fan of his stomach. He will play on his stomach if you lay there by him. He can scoot backwards and go around in a circle to find what he wants. He gets up on his knees, but would still rather walk with you holding his hands. He still shakes his head “no” to everything. We are working on nodding “yes.” He is very good at saying dada, baba, gaga and all sorts of other sounds. Everything that is except for mama. When we work with him on mama he says dada instead. He has found a new love of pasta. He now gets insulted if you give him baby food, he wants what is on our plate. I have noticed lately he will scratch at his tummy when he is hungry. I have seen him do this the past few months, but thought it was nothing, so the last weeks I have really watched him and he only does it when he is hungry. At his 9 month check up, he was 28 inches tall (50%), 19 lbs. 8 ozs (35%) and head size 47 cm (90%). Here are some videos of Andrew being Andrew. He is so fun! I cannot get enough of him!

Andrew is teething this week and is grouchy. He cut one tooth and 3 more are coming in. Out of pure desperation for him to be happy and for me to get something done, I put him in the swing. He hasn’t been in the swing since he was 4 or 5 months, so I put him in there and he looked at me like, “what is this?!” It was fun to watch him figure it out.

IMG_4348 IMG_4349 IMG_4350 IMG_4351 IMG_4352 IMG_4353

Friends of our family’s daughter graduated from WSU a few weeks ago and had a party at Sunnyside park. It was fun to see them and Andrew saw the ducks and dad introduced him to the merry-go-round. Andrew wasn't too sure what to think of it.

IMG_4313 IMG_4322 IMG_4316 IMG_4323

He seemed to like the riding toys better.

IMG_4332 IMG_4330

We celebrated Aaron’s birthday this month. He decided to take the day off. I made him biscuits and gravy and eggs for breakfast and we played all day. We had a few friends over for dinner and cake and ice cream. He picked the menu for dinner, so we had bacon wrapped meatloaf, homemade gorgonzola macaroni and cheese, salad and bread. I made his favorite cake; German chocolate with coconut and pecan frosting. Andrew and I gave him a Nintendo DS xl and Star Trek original movies on Blu Ray. I have never seen Star Trek so we have been watching them in evenings.

IMG_4335 IMG_4336 IMG_4334 IMG_4333

Other than that, we are doing well. Aaron is staying busy at work and I am staying busy at home. We are getting ready for my sister Emily’s graduation this weekend and having family in town. Thank you for all your prayers for my dad. He continues to recover, but it will be a long road ahead. He is trying to keep him spirits up and will be happy when his cough is gone and he is strong enough to move on his own. When we were up there last, he still has the trach and feeding tube. He was saying all he wants to ice cold Sunkist soda. I told him when he can drink again, I will buy him cases and cases of Sunkist soda and he can drink to his hearts content. That seemed to make his day.

No comments: