Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father’s Day!

A fun Father’s Day was had here at the Wright’s house. Aaron woke up to the smell of breakfast and was excited for that. Who wouldn’t love to wake up to the smell of bacon and potato pancakes?! I made Aaron potato pancakes, scrambled eggs and thick slice of ham and sausage fried up.

IMG_4464 IMG_4465

The weekend before Aaron got an early Father’s Day present: a pressure washer. He washed the cars with it and tried it out on the fence. He is like a kid in a candy store with it. Always looking for something to wash. My mom came over on Saturday to drop off some produce and cut Aaron’s hair. He returned the favor by washing her car and she got a good laugh out of how much he loves his pressure washer. Andrew also got dad a book for him to read to him entitled “I love you, Daddy” and a picture of Andrew and I in a frame for his desk at work.

IMG_4403 IMG_4405 IMG_4406 IMG_4407 IMG_4408 IMG_4409 IMG_4410 IMG_4411

After church we went to Post Falls to visit my dad and have dinner with him. He is doing so well. It looks like he may come home this week. He has his trach out and is eating soft foods. He can wheel himself around in his wheelchair and is doing great walking with the parallel bars. It looks like he will go to a rehab facility in Moscow or Pullman to finish out his physical therapy before he comes home. It is a true miracle that he is alive and we are so grateful that he is. Thank-you everything for your faith and prayers.

I am so grateful to have such wonderful men in my life. My dad, my Father in law and Aaron have always been there for me and taught me so much. I love them so much. Happy Father’s Day!

2 comments:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

So glad to hear you had a great father's day and that your Dad is doing really well!! I'm sure it's such a relief to have him recovered this far!!

NicKim Family said...

Nicks the same way with his toys...he loves his pressure washer but now he wants a stronger model - commercial grade would be about right! Ha ha! I almost feel guilty buying him things like this as a gift "here...now get to work" In the nicest voice possible of coarse. Just kidding, he loves it too!