Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gardening

My neighbor has cilantro growing like a weed in her garden and she brought us some.  Well me being the mexican food fan that I am, we go through the bag of cilantro in a week.  I called her today to see if I could come get some more and she gave me a planter box full of cilantro plants.  I have a very brown thumb and kill any plant I am given and try to take care of. (It really should be a super power.  I wonder if I could be a plant killing super hero?  Probably not.)

When I got home from mutual tonight, Andrew and I planted them. 

IMG_4468

 IMG_4470 IMG_4471  IMG_4469IMG_4473

Andrew had a good time playing in the potting soil, with the shovel and the watering can.  I had to stop him a few times from picking the leaves off the plants.

Note: Andrew is usually fully dressed, but Aaron changed his diaper and didn't put his shorts back on and he wanted to go outside with me.

5 comments:

NicKim Family said...

I seriously use my cilantro plants that Laurel gave me EVERY day! I put it on everything...my salads, my sandwiches, I love the stuff! It's so nice to just walk out my door with a pair of scissors and have fresh cilantro! Now I need a basil plant outside my front door too!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Oh man I might have to try this. I like cilantro too!! And I totally understand the no pant thing. It was something I told myself that I'd never let my kids do...and then I actually got kids and decided that sometimes it's not worth the fight or struggle!!

Crystal said...

You can totally be a plant killing super hero. There's an evil plant guy on an episode of He Man, and you'd be the best nemisis for him ever. Well, maybe not, cause you'd win in a heartbeat! And if it makes you feel any better, I usually have a green thumb but I'm not even trying anymore with my raised beds because I am so frustrated with my dog.

Unknown said...

Janel, you don't have to worry about Andrew not having any pants on, Kent is known to be like that, especially at night time when we could just care less and lack the energy needed to repant him. You probably had to change him shortly there after anyways because I am sure some of that potting soil found its way inside of his little diaper, how they do that I will never know.

Anderson Family said...

I think I am right there with you plant killing super hero I planted six tomato plants this summer and not one of the lived. I watered them everyday and even misted them since everyday since it gets so hot here in Arizona and still they all died. I working hard to keep our grass a live. Good luck with your Cilantro.