Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my 32nd birthday and the thought still amazes Aaron. He has many times commented how I am 32 and he is not even 30 yet. Yes, I am older than Aaron.

I had a wonderful birthday today! We went to church where many wished me a happy birthday, then came home and Aaron made me a wonderful lunch. He told me to relax on the couch and he would take care of everything. He made homemade chicken strip salad and garlic cheesy biscuits on the side. Fancy, huh and oh so yummy!

IMG_4009

I then took a nice nap, which was well deserved being a wife and mother (and being Sunday). Then we were off to my parents for dinner and festivities. My mom did a Mexican fiesta theme with the works! I love Mexican food, so I was excited! There were decorations, lots of yummy Mexican food. She made 7 layer dip, tacos, enchiladas and chimichangas. For dessert she made homemade flan and fried ice cream. I have never had flan before and wanted to try it.

IMG_4012 I forgot about the camera till after dinner, but here on some of the table decorations.

IMG_4010

The flan

My mom went to all the effort to make flan from scratch and then went to the store and noticed Jello had flan in a box, so she bought it for me to make and see how it compared to the homemade version. It would have been fun to be there with my mom to see the look on her face when she saw the there was a mix you could buy and all you had to do was add milk.

IMG_4011

The “fried” ice cream

The Mclain family came over for dessert and presents. It was so wonderful to have them there with the family. I got spoiled with the presents. Aaron got me a steel jewelry making set. I saw this idea where you take washers or other metal discs or blanks and then stamp words or names on it with steel alphabet stamps. He got me a variety of washers and discs and the alphabet and number stamp sets. I am excited to use it. I also got a table runner, photo album set, variety of thread for sewing and to top it all off, my parents bought me a new sewing machine! I couldn’t believe it! I have a really old sewing machine and my parents knew I was looking to upgrade, but I had no idea they would buy me a new one! I am excited to try it out! I had such a great day! Thanks to everyone for making it special!

IMG_4016 IMG_4019 IMG_4024 IMG_4023 IMG_4015 IMG_4013

3 comments:

NicKim Family said...

Happy birthday Janel!!! That is so awesome that you got a metal stamping set!! I've been wanting one forever! I actually just sent a link to Jane for making washer necklaces for YW - you'll have to let her know you got one! I'm so glad you had such a great day and that you have a husband who spoils you!!!

Todd Beauregard said...

Happy Birthday Janel! Enjoyed your blog tonight!

Beth said...

Tell Aaron that we're even now since only my arm made it onto the blog as proof of my being at the party.