Thursday, February 25, 2010

Andrew is a half

Today instead of referring to Andrew as 6 months old, Aaron referred to him as a half. I have never heard 6 months of age described as a half, but that is what he is. I then teased him when Andrew turns 1 he will be a whole? Ahh, to think like an Engineer.

Well Andrew is now 6 months old last Saturday! I cannot believe it! He is doing great. He is eating cereal and this week we started him on bananas (which I think he is still getting use to). He pretty much weaned himself from nursing, much to my dissatisfaction, I wanted to nurse till he was 1, but he had other plans. My milk was starting to dry up anyway and he was getting frustrated. I think we have an independent boy on our hands, he seems to always want to do things himself. He has always taken a bottle well, so it was an easy transition.

He can now sit up by himself, he grabs his feet and likes to play with them. He loves to stand and can pretty much stand there holding onto something by himself. He still will not roll over, but he is getting more wiggly, so I think it will happen any day. He has learned to shake his head “no” and loves to “dance” and “sing.” Whenever we are in the car, he is singing and babbling along to the music (I think he learned it from his parents since we are always singing in the car). He loves looking at books and being read too. The weather has been nice and feels like spring, so we have gone on walks and played in the backyard. Andrew has enjoyed seeing all the dogs and cats on our walk that have come up to say hello.

Here on some pictures for you to enjoy. As you can tell, he is a silly boy and is always making us laugh, which in turn makes him laugh. We are really enjoying having him in our family and are grateful we can be a family forever.

IMG_3982 IMG_3986 IMG_3998 IMG_4001

IMG_4005 IMG_4006 IMG_4007 IMG_4008

He had his WBE appointment and his stats are:

Height: 26.5 in. (50%)

Weight: 17 lbs 1 oz (50%)

Head size: 45.5 cm (90%) (yes, he is still top heavy)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Our boys are getting so big! A year from now all 3 will have so much fun together! Tell Aaron that I couldn't post the picture of him and Kate because she would have been mad (it was not very flattering of either of them, and you know how she is) and I took the left over cake to work so that I wouldn't eat it all and it was taken care of pretty quickly...sorry. Next time we'll have a 2 day party so we can all eat lots! You gotta love costco.

The Egan Family said...

Mmmm he is super cute! I love his CHEEKS!!!! GOod work you two!

Kate Clayton said...

Happy Half Birth Day! He really is too cute!

worth reading said...

Happy half! Cute pictures :) Raya hasn't rolled over either!