Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother’s Day

What a great day to be a mom! 

(Andrew will only smile when it is on his terms.  Got to love the stages they go through to learn independence, right?!)

 DSC03612

Aaron and Andrew made me breakfast, oven pancake with strawberries and sausage.  Yummy!

DSC03614

They also bought me gifts.  Rachael Ray spoons (I was always intrigued on the built in slits to hook onto the side of the pan), an EVOO bottle and a card they made themselves.  They also bought me flowers from Neil's Flowers (I felt fancy!).  The florist gave Andrew a gerbera daisy to give me.

DSC03617

We went to church in the afternoon.  When we got to church, Andrew was already having melt down so I knew it was going to be a long 3 hours.  He feel asleep during sacrament meeting and then only wanted me and didn’t want to go to nursery.  I sub in primary so he went to primary with me.  He then wanted to go to nursery half way through but wouldn’t let me leave.  I guess he needed his mom.  I went on a girls getaway and was gone Friday evening and didn’t get home till dinner Saturday, so maybe he needed some mom time.

After church we took a family picture and then went to Klemgard park to celebrate with my family.  We bbq and played.  The weather was sunny and perfect!  I couldn’t have asked for a better Mother’s day!

SONY DSC

I am so grateful and lucky to be a mom of such a great little boy.  Some days are harder then others, but I wouldn’t trade being a mom for anything in the world!  It is the most amazing thing I have done in my life!  I am so grateful to Aaron for being such a hard worker and having such a great job, so I can stay home with Andrew.  I love being home with him all day and wouldn’t have it any other way.

SONY DSC

No comments: