Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nector Critique

We went out to Nector in Moscow tonight to see what it was like.

It has a decent atmosphere, though it was pretty dark. Our table didn’t have a light or anything, so I had to hold the menu quite close to read it.

The menu was pretty small, five appetizers, three salads, and maybe six or seven entrees. They prices weren’t too bad. The entrees were from $9 to $24 dollars.

I had the Greek seafood soup, and Janel had the mac & cheese. We both started with a Caesar salad. The salad was ok, but didn’t have any flavor. Even after the pepper was added. And I was generous with the pepper. The croutons were made in-house, and they were pretty good. The seafood soup had shrimp and clams, with a sparse sprinkling of potatoes and celery. Beside the seafood, the main attraction was supposed to be the little grape tomatoes, but they tasted so nasty I couldn’t eat more than a couple, so instead of being part of dinner, they became an obstacle, and I had to fight them for my food. Janel’s mac & cheese was better, but, like the salads, lacked flavor.

I think the main thrust of Nector is their wine. If you’re not going there for that, then you shouldn’t be going. Or if you do, at least ask for the salt and pepper so you can season and flavor your food personally.

No comments: