Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bitten’ By The Craft Bug

Lately I have been feeling crafty.  I think it is because of the new sewing machine I got for my birthday.  These are some the crafts I have been making.

One of our friends is having a baby very soon.  She is having a little boy, so I made her some boy burp cloths.

IMG_4120 IMG_4121

IMG_4123

I saw this cute pattern for a clutch and I thought how cute is that?!  It will be great to hold my wallet and keys and small stuff for Andrew (like a binky), instead of carrying it all.   I can just throw it in the diaper bag and keep all my stuff separate from Andrew’s stuff.   It will be nice for when we just have to run into a store and don’t need the whole diaper bag.  Or when just I go out and I don’t have to transfer to another purse.  I did make the mistake of following the pattern and not measuring my wallet, so I had to downsize to a smaller wallet, since my regular wallet took up the whole bag.  I will see how this one goes or I may make a bigger one.  Here is the link for the pattern if anyone is interested:   http://fromanigloo.blogspot.com/2010/03/scrappy-clutch.html

IMG_4125

I have been looking for ideas for a little something for the kitchen area.  I watch the show Cougar Town (the one with Courtney Cox.  I think it is my inner “Friends” trying to get out.) every now and then and I saw this in her kitchen and I thought “that’s fun.”  So I made one.  I am waiting for Aaron to hang it on the wall, since he is the official picture hanger (or else there would be a lot of holes hiding under the picture).

IMG_4127 

I have also been making bundles of cards and quiet books for presents.  I am going to be sad when I loose my craft room and kids take over the house.  I try to not to think so far ahead and enjoy it while I can.

No comments: