Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was our 3rd anniversary.  My how time flies when you are having fun!  Our anniversary snuck up on us this year and we were deciding what to do since it was on a Tuesday.  So we decided to book a hotel room and go out of town.  Maybe out of town should be in quotes.  We dropped Andrew off at my parents house.  I think my mom was more excited for Andrew to come and spend the night more than anything else.  Thanks mom for taking care of him for us! 

We went out to dinner at Banyans (a restaurant in the country club on the golf course).  It is so yummy and one of our favorite places to go.  Then we went “out of town” to Moscow and stayed at the La Quinta hotel.  We booked the Jacuzzi suite and had high hopes for what we were told was a beautiful suite.  (They also call it their honeymoon suite.)  It was nice, but not what we excepting at all. 

IMG_4029

We were on the top floor, so it had a nice view of the hotel.

 IMG_4030

The amazing Jacuzzi tub as they called it.  (I’ve seen better.)

 IMG_4033

 IMG_4035

 IMG_4037  

I made a snack basket filled with fun drinks, candy, homemade chocolate covered strawberries and Aaron’s favorite store bought sugar cookies.

IMG_4040 IMG_4042

We went swimming and relaxed in the hot tub when we got there.  It was nice to relax and spend time together and not worry about anything.  The continental breakfast they serve was better than most!  They had waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage and eggs to make egg mcmuffins, hashbrowns, and then the usual pastries, cereal and such.  I love breakfast foods, so I was impressed!  We had a great anniversary! Even though we were only 8 miles from home, it felt like we were on vacation.  Andrew and grandma had a good time too.  I went and picked Andrew up this morning and you could tell they had lots of fun.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

You two are so cute! Looks like you had a good Anniversary!

Pepito said...

I am jealous. You put our anniversary efforts to shame. I am glad you had a good one.

JOY said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!