Saturday, May 30, 2009

Up

Up is a tough movie to review. I would say that it was a fine movie.

Up contains a lot of things, some of which are the main focus of the movie, that young married couples, like me and Janel, don’t want to think about at this time of our lives, being unable to bear children, death of a spouse, and mistreatment of the elderly. Does that make sense? The movie is just too sad! Maybe I wasn’t expecting a sad movie so I went into the theater with different expectations than what I should have. But if I had of known it was so sad, I might not have gone.

Up does have some good moments. I enjoyed the talking dog seen in the trailers. He was pretty funny, but it wasn’t enough. The story was ok, but nothing epic.

I would recommend you Netflix or matinee it. Worth a watch, but a cheaper watch.

No comments: